Michal Greenboim is a fine art photographer whose work has been described as "harmonious, poetic and lyrical...that use(s) color to seduce and haunt.” She has photographed her subjects "so delicately that even something that could be gruesome, just looks fragile and mysterious.”
Her work has been exhibited nationwide, including a recent solo exhibition of “Orchard Trail” at The Griffin Museum of Photography, Winchester MA. Her work has also been shown at the Art of Photography Show in San Diego and at the Los Angeles Center for Photography in California, Photo Place in Vermont, Tilt Gallery in Arizona , Dickerman Gallery in San Francisco, Orton Davis in New York and Fabrik Projects in Los Angeles. Her photograph, “Rear Blues,” won third place in the “World in Place” competition in the “Sense of Place” category, PDN Magazine, December 2016. In 2017, Greenboim was awarded an exhibition at the Griffin Museum from the Los Angeles Center of Photography.
Michal developed an early interest in photography after watching her grandfather, who always had a camera in hand, capturing family moments. She grew up in Israel in the small town of Pardes Chana (Hana Orchard). When reflecting on her childhood, Greenboim notes that the town was full of orange, avocado and mango orchards. She recalls small moments such as exchanging her family's avocados for the neighbor's mangos. The children would walk over to their neighbors' homes for activities such as story time or a piano lesson. "I would go with my father to pick oranges from our orchard. These are the memories that inspire my photographs, they remind of who I truly am.”
Following a career as an interior designer and computer engineer, Michal moved into photography full time, publishing her first photography book “Orchard Trail,” a narrative of childhood stories and memories, in 2016. Michal now lives in La Jolla, California and began her MFA studies in June 2017.
- Pursuing an MFA from Maine Media , Rockport Maine .
- 2017 Photolucida Portfolio Reviews in Portland, Oregon.
- 2016-2017 Medium Photo Festival Portfolio Reviews in San Diego, California.
- 2017 Mark Olich Ballet master class at Hermitage Theater in St Petersburg, Russia.
- 2007-2016 Workshops by Arthur Meyerson ,Cig Harvey, Keith Carter, Richard Tuchman, Eddie Soloway, Patrick Donehue, and Arlene Collins in Sante Fe, New Mexico and Maine-media, Maine
- 2017 Summer Workshops with Sam Abell and Jay Maisel.
- 2018 Palm Spring Photo Festival - Sandro Miller Workshop
- 2018 Kipaipai workshop - Hawaii